Skip to main content
Skip to footer
- Graduate of George Washington University Washington, DC Master of Forensic Sciences, 1985
- Undergraduate of Marquette University Milwaukee, WI Bachelor of Science, 1977
- American Board of Forensic Document Examiners – Diplomate
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences Questioned Document Section Ordway Hilton Award 2016 in Recognition of Outstanding Contributions to Forensic Document Examination
- Forensic Document Examiner, Private Practice, Milwaukee, WI – 2001-Present
- Forensic Document Examiner, Unit Head, Questioned Document Unit, WI State Crime Laboratory, Milwaukee – November 1988-December 2011
- Document Examiner, United States Secret Service, Forensic Services Division, Washington, DC – September 1987-October 1988
- Document Analyst, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Washington, DC – September 1985-September 1987
- Intern, United States Secret Service, Forensic Services Division, Washington, DC – January 1985-June 1985
- “Initials Value For Identification” Journal of the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners, 2018, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 39-45.
- “Minimizing Cognitive Bias in Forensic Document Examination” Journal of the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners, 2016, Vol. 19, No.1, pp 3-6.
- Scientific Evidence in Civil and Criminal Cases, Andre A. Moenssens, Betty Layne DesPortes, and Steven D. Benjamin Editors, Foundation Press, 2017, Chapter 5, “Forensic Document Examination”, author of Sections I, II, III and subsections of 5.16 and 5.19, pp. 197-244.
- Forensic Document Examination Fundamentals and Current Trends, Jane A. Lewis, Academic Press, published March 27, 2014.
- Forensic Science: Current Issues, Future Directions, Douglas H. Ubelaker Editor, Wiley-Blackwell, 2012, Chapter 9, “Forensic Document Examination”, co-author, pp. 224-251.
- “Indentation Examination Enhancement” Journal of the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners, 2005, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 65-69.
- “Striation Patterns in New and Used Ballpoint Pens” Journal of the American Society of Questioned Document Examiners, 2003, Vol. 6, No.2, pp.67-71.
- “Thin-Layer Chromatography of Writing Inks-Quality Control Considerations” Journal of Forensic Sciences, 1996, 41(5): 874-877.
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences – Questioned Document Section – Section Secretary (2006-2008), Section Chair (2008-2010), Director Representing the Questioned Document Section (2012-2015), and Fellow
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences – Executive Committee (2014-2015)
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences – Academy Standards Board Member (2016-2017)
- American Society of Questioned Document Examiners – Member
- Midwestern Association of Forensic Scientists – Member